Destiny Homepage for Andrew School
Click on Andrew School Homepage
Choose Andrew School to check out the resources available through the Andrew School/Public Library.
Andrew School Library
The Library serves both the school and community at large. The library is staffed by a library technician between the hours of 8:45 am and 3:45 pm. Beginning in the fall of 2016 the hours will change to 8:45 am to 3:15 pm.
In order for the library to meet the needs of all patrons in a satisfying and useful manner, the following rules must be followed:
- All materials taken out of the library must be signed out and patrons are responsible for items borrowed
- Certain materials such as encyclopedias, atlases, dictionaries, reference material, etc. are for in-library use only. If, for a special reason, a patron needs to borrow said materials, permission of the library technician is required
- All books in the general fiction and non-fiction areas have a two-week borrowing period and must be renewed to extend that borrowing period
- Students are expected to use the library for purposes of research, book exchange, or study. Visiting or socializing are not permitted in the library
- Cell phone calls are not permitted in the library. Please put your phone on silent or vibrate. Thanks you.
Use of the Internet is for educational purposes only. E-mail, chat rooms, and non-curriculum usage will result in the loss of computer privileges and a referral to school administration. A User's Agreement must be signed by all who use this service. All students and staff of Elk Island Public Schools have access to the LearnAlberta.ca site from school and from home. To access this site from home please check the school newsletter for the 2016-2017 username and password. This site, when you choose the Online Reference Centre, provides access to eLibrary Canada, The Canadian Encyclopedia, Peel's Prairie Resources, Grolier Online Passport, Early Canadiana Online, World Book Advanced, World Book Kids, World Book Student, and much more.
The library also houses the Career Corner with access to Career Cruising, a comprehensive career guide for students. The Career Corner provides materials on resume writing, career information, post-secondary school calendars, labour market information, scholarships, etc. Many of the resources are available for free.
Andrew Municipal Public Library
The Andrew Municipal Public Library was established in 1950 and is located in the Andrew Village Complex, 5021 - 50 Street. Andrew Public Library is a Community Access Centre and provides free Internet access. Members of the public have access to three designated Public Library computers. There is no charge to access the computers, but there is a charge for printing and photocopying. Time limits may be set for computer use depending on demand.
The Andrew Public Library computers have their own log-in separate from Andrew School computers. Public patrons must sign in when using these computers. School library computers may be used during Public Library hours, but only by Andrew School students and staff as they have their own individual log-in.
For the most part Andrew Public Library memberships are renewable in January, but anyone that has purchased a membership since we joined Northern Lights Library System, will get a card that's good for a year from purchase. Fees are as follows:
Family - $10.00
Adult / Student - $5.00
- All new memberships and renewals must provide a mailing address, a phone number, and designate whether they are a village resident or non-resident.
- Memberships may be revoked for clients who damage materials, owe fines, and consistently have overdue items. Restitution must be made to gain back library privileges.
The Andrew Public Library is open:
Tuesday - 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Thursday - 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Little 'FREE' Library
Take a book ... leave a book. Enjoy!
Located in front of the Village of Andrew office.
Also, a FREE book & magazine display is located just outside the Library door. Help yourself.